The Kansas City HALO Learning Center's “Independent Swag 2014: Be YOUnique, BeYOUtiful, Be YOU”, fourth annual youth fashion show was a night of philanthropy, fashion, and fun, supporting homeless and at-risk youth from Kansas City residential centers. Here are some highlights from this year's event:
- 45 HALO youth participated in Fashion Creation workshops!
- 30 HALO youth walked the runway!
- 3 summer workshops helped with the Fashion Show - Sewing & Fashion Design taught by local fashion designer Whitney Manny, Cosmetology & Inner Beauty taught by Paul Mitchell the School of Overland Park, and Improv!
- 40 upcycled outfits created from thrift store finds!
- 45 tie-dyed BeYOUunique t-shirts created!
- 40 volunteers
- 150 attendees
- 17 sponsors
- Raised over $10,000 to support HALO Learning Center youth programs
Check out these great photos from the event, and to learn more about the HALO Learning Center - Kansas City, visit us at halokc.org or like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KCHaloCenter . Watch this quick video for more Fashion Show fun http://youtu.be/Srt1B0OPteI !
Special thanks to our sponsors the Terrace on Grand, Hallmark Cards, The Connell Family, The Bicknell Family Foundation, The Krueger Family, Katie Van Luchene and This is KC, Lamar Advertising, Project Runway’s Season 8 contestant Valerie Mayen, Whitney Manney, Paul Mitchell the School, KC Bier Co., Clear 10 Vodka, Band Wagon Merch, Archer Foundation, Ambitious Pixels, and Scott Reynolds Photography!